How to make calculation fast without pen or paper?
If you do a practice of solving questions in mind then Your Pen and Paper Calculation will also Improve Lightning Fast.
If you want to do calculations in mind without pen and paper start with very simple and one liner questions which have very simple calculations and try to solve in mind like
- Two tailors X and Y are paid a total of Rs. 550 per week by their employer. If X is paid 120 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
- If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as
- A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% apples and still has 420 apples. Originally he had?
- A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5 : 2 : 4 : 3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
- If 0.75 : x :: 5 : 8, then x is equal to:
- Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
Profit and Loss
- If the selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent.
- The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, then the value of x is:
If you want to achieve something make it your passion, enjoy doing it and take one step at a time to keep your interest.
Whenever you find questions like these try to solve in mind. At the start, you will find it is very slow or unable to solve but please keep trying, and in few days you will become habitual of it.
If you will keep practising you will be able to visualise a blackboard in your imagination and you can do calculations, write steps and visualise everything.
I have solved many books this way if questions are possible to solve in mind (not having 4 and more steps or (very) complex calculations like 45879.675 x 121/223).
Please share your feedback if it works for you and also share your problems if you face doing this.